Missing Games 22 at St. Louis, 33 at Vancouver, 40 vs San Jose, 81 vs Calgary and 82 at Calgary
21 = Potulny and 21* = Kotalik
The season ended with Oiler fans looking pretty glum, so I thought it would be worthwhile to point out a couple of positives:
1. Sam Gagner finished the year in the positive in his 19 year-old season. He also showed well in his time on the PK early in the year. We could have a very good player on our hands. If management is smart we'll be talking about the Gagner window after he signs a nice long extension this summer.
2. Shawn Horcoff took more defensive zone draws then any other forward in the league and almost stayed even for the year. That's impressive. Hopefully he can do it until he's 40.
3. Lubomir Visnovsky is a fantastic player. He'll be in the lineup in October.
4. Denis Grebeshkov is a keeper and he wants to stay. You can't ask for much more than that.
5. We had a chance to see Erik Cole killing penalties. I haven't checked to see if he's doing it in Carolina, but man, that guy was a beast.
6. Ales Hemsky outscores tough competition at EV. That's a feather in the cap of the much maligned Craig MacTavish. If you're angry with him or want him to be fired just think about that for a couple of minutes and be thankful for the hard work he's put in.
7. Dustin Penner leads all forwards in EV +/- (original emotions felt about MacTavish restored).