Friday, March 20, 2009

Oilers v. Blackhawks - Mark 8:34-38

Then MacTavish called the fans to hear him as well, along with his players: "If anyone believes in my ability to coach he must deny logical lineup choices, take the criticism of his peers and defend me. For whoever wants to save himself from frustration will be frustrated with me, but whoever trusts in my decisions will be free from anger. What good is it for a man to be right, yet forfeit cheering for his team? What does a person gain by cheering for Yahweh's team to lose? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words on this road trip against the adulterous Blackhawks and sinful Wild, the Greatest Coach Ever will be ashamed of him when that Coach hold's the glory of Yahweh above his head as the holy Cup's angels look on."

2 comments:

Black Dog said...

Oh My God.

Very apropos comment, no?

;)

Best one yet and that is saying a lot.

Scott Reynolds said...

Thanks Black Dog, I appreciate that. I considered riffing off of LT's Methuselah quip but there really aren't many (canonical) texts that mention him so it was the MacT meme instead!